Friday, January 25, 2013

Garlic SHrimp & Pasta

WHO'S READY FOR DINNER?

One of my family's favorite dishes I make is Garlic Shrimp with Wheat Pasta.  It seems they can't get enough of this one.  Its a pretty easy dinner to whip up and you can add a salad to it and garlic bread if you'd like.  We don't do much bread around here any more (too many points)

I start this dinner for us with about 2 pounds of raw divined shrimp, a pound of wheat linguini  and two cans of diced Italian tomatoes.

I boil the pasta as instructed by the box.  We have switched to using wheat pasta...you cant really tell the different, and if you have had a pasta dish at our house recently...you have probably had wheat pasta.

While the pasta is cooking, I start peeling the shrimp.  Now I must say this is the most time consuming part of this recipe.  Now you are probably thinking 2POUNDS of shrimp...that's a lot for our family, but you see we LOVE shrimp and we LOVE leftovers for lunch.  And how many times have you gone out to dinner,ordered a shrimp dish and you get 6, maybe 8 pieces of shrimp.  Not here...shrimp in every bite.
PEELED RAW SHRIMP
Cooking the shrimp doesn't take to long.  I put a bit of olive oil just to barely cover the bottom of the pan, I usually use about two cloves of garlic minced in each pan full of shrimp I cook.  I add some lemon pepper seasoning.  It only takes about 2 minutes to cook the shrimp to a nice orange'ish color, as it finishes, I add some of the can of tomatoes to the shrimp, for about a minutes and then put it into a bowl, as I cook the remaining shrimp just as I have done to the first batch.

IN the meantime the pasts has finished and i drain the water out and rinse in warm water and set aside til I finish cooking the shrimp.
COOKED WHEAT PASTA

Now since I cook for an army  (OK not really I just cook BIG portions) I add the pasta back to the big pot and add all the cooked shrimp into the pot too.  If there is any tomatoes left in the can, I add them at this time too.

SHRIMP ADDED TO PASTA
 I basically cook all of it together just to heat them up together.  And there you have it....

THE FINISHED MEAL...SMELLS SOOO GOOD!
I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound pretty simple and yummy but I think the bread is a MUST!
    This is a great blog entry. Goood job Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU LARAINE....I LOVE THAT YOU READ MY BLOG....AND COMMENTS MAKE ME HAPPY...YOU SHOULD FOR SURE MAKE THIS DINNER...ITS TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete