Tuesday, August 13, 2013

1st Lights Out Moms/Girls Night Out

Last Friday night, I hosted our FIRST Lights Out Mom's Night Out.  We had a Pampered Chef BUNCO night...and those moms that made it , had a blast!!

Ok, let me back up....

Lights Out is our travel basketball organization that my husband, Tommy, started about 10 years ago.  In the years it has grown in to a great organization with all lot of great kids and families. (blog about the Lights Out to come)

Recently we took all 7 of our teams, to the California State Championships Games in San Diego ( another blog story) During our stay down there for 3 days, the parents get to know each other a little better. Well, the dads seems to bond quicker than the moms.  Its just human nature.

It had been mentioned to me from several different moms, that wished the mos had more of a bond  like the dads do, and how the teams are finally getting to.

So I started thinking, you know its our organization, and I should really do something to get the moms to know each other better, more than just a "Hi" or "Great job by the boys"...and so on.  I have always had a passion in my heart to do "moms night" in the form of a bible study at my house.  Just never seemed to get that off the ground, I felt God telling me to fellowship but a bible study wasn't he had in mind for me to lead.

  An evening where women who have share the same passion and interest can start a fellowship " a moms night" if you say,where they can build friendships and have a good time, and it may not have to a "traditional bible study" but that's what we had here last Friday night.  A night of good food, cool beverages, fun, laughter, talking, picture taking for FB and /or Instagram...just a night to bond with a fellow mom (or some who aren't  moms yet) just a place to feel welcomed and enjoy themselves.  Let yourself escape if even for only a couple hours,  I think that was accomplished here and I think God was pleased .  I know the moms were!!!

We played BUNCO, several of us where first timers, OMG...its so fun!! but we did it with a twist as one of my friends and fellow Lights Out mom suggested, we did Pampered Chef as prizes.  Super fun and super cool!!  Katt, the Pampered Chef Lady did a small demo, and made up some great gift baskets for the winner, and a small gift bag for those who didn't win.  EVERYONE left here with something that night!

So needless to say, we are already planning another BUNCO Lights Out Mom's Night Out again...next month.  WE have had more moms hear about it and say they want to come.  I think its gonna be great and the games even practice will be better with all the new friendships that are being built here.

I can hardly wait til next month!! Even my daughter Alex loved it, she plans on winning next time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment