Sunday, April 8, 2012

where does the time go?

I can't believe it has been over a week since my last post.  Sometime I don't know if this blog even gets read but I know a couple of my girls who do.....but it also helps me to keep accountable with my WW journey.

I last posted a couple pictures from my 50th birthday.  I know this blog was to keep track of our journey to 50 and fabulous...and although I have hit the 50th mark...my road to getting there is not over.  I mean I feel better with the loss I have had so far and I know there is still more I can do.  I actually started walking last week.  I have made a commitment to walk at least 30 minutes a day....so far its been every other day til the weekend came...hoping to get back to it tomorrow.  I think it will help push my weight loss ahead.  Tommy walks about 3 to 4 times a week at work on the treadmill and believe that has helped his weight loss...(besides him being a man and losing quicker than us women)

I was so blessed by the friends and family who came out to celebrate my 50th birthday with us.  I truly believe God puts people ni our lives for a reason and for such a time as this.  The love that I felt from all who was there that night ( and from those who couldn't make it) was amazing.  So I want to thank my friends, old AND new, my family, my kids and my husband....thank you for making me feel so special as I hit this milestone....my life is blessed by you in it, I can never really express how much it means to have you in my life.

ps...you can always go to thefraijofamily.shutterfly.com to  check out the pics from the party

April 2nd Weigh In Update:
So besides my birthday on Thursday and a board of directors dinner on Saturday, our weight loss was the same as the prior week....Tommy is still at 43.6 total loss for 13 weeks. his goal of 50 pounds is quickly approaching.  I think in the next week or two he will succeed in reaching that goal.  He says he will continue to maintain and keep the good eating habits he has learned through out this journey.  He is ready to start his weight lifting regiment again.

I also remained the same, 31.4 pounds lost in 13 weeks.  Now my goal of 50 pounds (that Tommy set for both of us) is still a bit away, but I think the walking is going to help speed up the loss.  People ask me what is my ultimate goal.....after the 50 pound goal.  I don't really know, I mean I know what "stats" say I should weigh, but seriously I don't remember being that weight in high school.  besides that was over 32 years ago, over 28 years of marriage, and 3 kids ago.....I just want to feel good and live a healthier life style.  I want to be able to run and play with my future grandkids.

SO you see my journey to "50 and fabulous" has not ended with the celebration of my 50th birthday...or the upcoming celebration of Tommy's in June.  It has only really just begun.....

No comments:

Post a Comment