Monday, January 9, 2012

So we begin...

Here we are; Tom and Paula; on The Cruise of Lights at Huntington Harbor this past December.

Tom and I will both be turning 50 this year (I in March, Tom in June) and we both had decided we wanted to work on getting healthier, eating better, and losing our 'food baby' as Jailene and Lil Alex loving call our tummies.

Now we could quietly go about our 'plan' and not share with anyone what we are doing, but if you know us, we like to help people and if sharing this journey helps even ONE person, then it was worth it.  Plus it will help us keep ourselves in check and accountable to stay focused on our goal....

being "50 and Fabulous"

So I am a week behind in starting this, so we play catch up really quick this week and be back on track.

Tom and I had both put a little extra weight over the past couple of years, but we were both happy and content, so a little extra fluff was ok...

So come 2012 Tom said were starting Weight Watchers and we were sticking to it. No quitting.  

So on January 2nd,2012 Tom and I went to Weight Watchers, weighed in, joined and attended our first meeting together.  There is something to be said about doing this with someone with the same goal in mind.  We keep each other accountable to the program and to our goal...50 and FABULOUS!!!!








7 comments:

  1. I love you guys and I appreciate your blog and you have motivated me to get up and move! I am blessed to have you as my dear friends! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom and Paula, you are the two most beautiful people I know! Your devotion to each other, to your family and to everyone who enters your life is truly inspiring. You are a blessing. I know you will both do well on your way to 50 and you will be "FABULOUS"! I love you both, my dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good to hear that you and uncle tom will be doing something together that will make you and him feel good on the outside and in. If there is two people that a can set a goal and complete that goal, its i and uncle tom. You both will be turning 50 and ill be turning 30. I hope me and my wife can be like you and uncle when we turn 50. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love that you are doing it together! 2 is always better than 1! Best wishes as lose...a good insider tip is never keep ice cream in the house, its Dad's weakness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also....stop telling people your age, it makes me feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two of my favorite people are going to get more fabulous than you already are.I'm really glad that you are doing this together. I think you can really keep each other accountable and on track.I'm excited that you are blogging about this experience so I can read and share in it with you, it makes me feel like I'm there. Stay motivated, remember any loss is great! I love you both and I can't wait to see you guys <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go!! I am rooting for you both. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete