Thursday, May 24, 2012

Exercise=Activity Points

Besides teaching you the healthier way to eat and what foods are the "best point" for you while on WW, they also have activity points you can earn for doing some exercise.


Tommy likes to do weightlifting, and is getting back in to a routine of that along with increasing his walking.  He walked the treadmill before we started WW, but now his walking has surpassed the treadmill.  Sure we use to go for walks around the block, up to framers market, over to Starbucks, up to 31 Flavors....you see a pattern there....LOL


Now we walk not to go get a tasty treat but because along with eating better, it helps us maintain/reach our goals.  


So last night after dinner ( and yes we did have the CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP....) Tommy went for a GOOD LONG walk...he did 2.8 miles in less than 45 minutes.  He put on his ipod...and off he went.


I unfortunately haven't started back to my walking routine but I am hoping after my doctor post-op visit next week, he says I can get back to serious walking. Don't faint but I actually miss my 30 minute walks...honest! I mean I do walk up and around the corner, but not 30 minutes long fast walks, or even the 2 mile walk from work I did.  As soon as he says OK, I am back at it.  I am going to spend m whole June getting back to where I was, even to surpass  my prior walking times.  We are doing that 5K on July 4th....FOR SURE!!!


Now even though we earn activity points by doing...activities...we have never used them.  We do the activities because it part of our goal to live a healthier lifestyle and a longer life.  We want to be able to run and play with our future grandkids one day...not sit by and watch.


Those of you who know me, know exercise has NEVER been my thing, even though the kids and Tommy love to play sports.  I guess change is possible for anyone...you just have to do it and believe in yourself.


I am living proof...

Hmmm.....how about bike riding?? Might be next on our list of NEW things to try at "50 and Fabulous....

No comments:

Post a Comment