Friday, May 11, 2012

just checking in...from my recovery

I just thought I would drop in a say hi and let you know I am recovering slowly but recovering.  The picture I posted is from the day Tom and I spent the day at Downtown Disney.  I am sure you don't need to see a picture of me now....lol

This being home everyday is both GOOD and BAD....
GOOD cause I know I need to heal  and the rest is probably just what I need; also its doctors orders
and BAD because I find myself wanting to piece all day, and not eat a real meal during the day.  Luckily I have some good choices i the house to help with the piecing around.  Now fruit (zero pints) is something you gotta love and with all the choice now due to season...it helps.  Tommy cut up a pineapple the other night....way better than can!   Granola Bars which can average 3 to 4 points(depending on the type) help feel the void too.....Ice Tea (zero pints) can really feel you up...and its refreshing....and helping get rid of my desire for diet coke, which although is zero pints, its bloats you up and right now bloated feeling will not be good for me..lol
Reduced Fat Wheat Thins (14 crackers-4 points) helps feel the need for something crunchy....and I love crunchy. ....Reduced Fat String Cheese (1 point) also is a quick little snack....


These are just a few of the things we have in the house (not allowed to cook or bake right now) so they are easy for me to grab and sit down with.  I did go out of my box and had a bit of chocolate, but come on I just had a major surgery and I felt like I wanted some...so my awesome niece and nephew brought me some...ok a lot...thank God for Thomas who can help too....


chocolate bouquet


This morning I got on the scale to see if I was at least maintaining my weight, well to my delight I lost another 5 pounds since my last weigh prior to my surgery, so I am now 11 pounds from my goal of 50 pounds.  I know I still have to track and with not being able to do ANY physical activity, I will have to stay focused on..........50 and Fabulous and the road to getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment